Round 1 (Policy)
Open: The California state government should designate public land for the planting of
Novice: The US federal government should legalize the recreational use of cannabis.
Round 2 (Fact)
Open:The Addis Ababa-Djibouti Railway will do more harm than good.
Novice: Chinese investment in Nigeria has done more harm than good.
Round 3 (Policy)
Open: The Supreme Court of the United States should rule in favor of Students for Fair
Admissions Inc. (SFFA) in SFFA v. Harvard University.
Novice: The United States Congress should pass a resolution to establish a popular vote
process for the election of POTUS.
Round 4 (Value)
Open: In talks with North Korea, the United States should prioritize hegemony over diplomacy.
Novice: The National Security Agency should prioritize United States’ citizens privacy over
Round 5 (Policy)
Open: The Federal Communications Commision should pass regulations equivalent to the
EU’s “right to be forgotten act”.
Novice: Google should not comply with Chinese censorship demands.
Octofinals: The privatization of space exploration will do more harm than good.
Quarter-Finals: The FDA should mandate that all sperm donors submit comprehensive and
official medical records to sperm banks.
Semi-Finals: Italy should reopen its seaports to NGO rescue ships.
Final: The United States Federal Government should impose sanctions on China in response
to its treatment of the Uighurs.
Novice: The United States Federal Government should significantly increase investment in the expansion of high speed rail.
Varsity: The United States Federal Government should significantly increase investment to expand port infrastructure.
Novice: Greece should leave the Eurozone.
Varsity: EU should remove border checkpoints within the Schengen Area.
Novice: The United States Federal Government should militarily intervene In Yemen.
Varsity: The United States Federal Government should end military aid to Israel
Novice: TUSFG should significantly increase its military presence in South Korea.
Varsity: The USFG should militarily intervene in Myanmar.
Novice: TUSFG should enact a carbon tax.
Varsity: Congress should pass a bill legalizing DACA.
O. TUSFG should end the 1033 program.
Q. TUSFG should end diplomatic relations with the Phillippines
S. TUSFG should substantially increase its investment in space-based military technology
F. The USFG should recognize Taiwan as a sovereign nation.
1. The impeachment of Dilma Rousseff will do more harm than good for Brazil.
2. The USFG should reverse its decision to authorize the Dakota Access Pipeline.
3. Protection of fish stocks should take priority over agricultural uses for Californian water.
4. The NFL should ban helmets.
5. California should pass Proposition 62, Repeal of the Death Penalty.
O. The USFG should shorten medical patents from 20 years to 5 years.
Q. The USFG should ban fully autonomous combat vehicles.
S. The USFG should allow undocumented immigrants to participate in state healthcare exchanges.
F. The USFG should institute a federal program for the purchasing and destruction of secondhand firearms.
1. The USFG should repeal Obamacare.
2. When the two are in conflict, societal welfare should trump individual liberty.
3. The USFG should end all federal aid to Israel.
4. The death penalty in the United States does more harm than good.
5. The USFG should send ground troops to Syria to combat Bashar al-Assad.
1. The USFG should end birthright citizenship.
2. The US Federal Reserve should significantly increase interest rates.
3. The City of New York should end its policy of "Broken Windows" policing.
4. a. The USFG should repeal protections for salmon and other endangered fish in California in order to alleviate the water crisis.
b. The CA state legislature should pass legislation requiring the Air Resources Board to achieve a 50% reduction in gasoline use by 2030.
c. The CA state legislature should pass legislation revising its greenhouse emissions targets to 80% below 1990 levels by 2050.
5. a. The United Kingdom should significantly increase the amount of Syrian refugees it will accept.
b. France should significantly increase the amount of Syrian refugees it will accept.
c. Germany should significantly increase the amount of Syrian refugees it will accept.
Q. The USFG should embed American-trained fighters within larger established forces in Syria to help direct US air raids against the Islamic State.
S. The USFG should not renew or sign new contracts with private incarceration companies.
F. The USFG should significantly increase its deployment of ground troops against ISIS in Iraq.
1. The CA state legislature should pass legislation reducing its greenhouse emissions targets to 80% below 1990 levels by 2050.
2. The CA state legislature should significantly increase the state gas tax.
3. The USFG should significantly increase the minimum wage.
4. The USFG should significantly increase funding for police body cameras.
5. The USFG should significantly increase its deployment of ground troops against ISIS in Iraq.