Flight A = varsity. Flight B = novice.
1A. The USFG should mandate that infrastructure projects receiving federal funding develop and implement plans for fully funding and performing maintenance throughout the service life.
1B. The USFG should increase investment towards developing offensive cyber weapons.
2A. The USFG should substantially increase restrictions on horseshoe crab harvesting.
2B. The USFG should terminate the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action with Iran.
3A. SCOTUS should rule broadly in favor of Carpenter in Carpenter v. United States that warrantless search and seizure of cell phone records violates the fourth amendment.
3B. The USFG should implement Ranked-Choice Voting.
4A. The USFG should switch to a national blockchain-based currency by 2025.
4B. The USFG should implement a significant carbon tax.
5A. The USFG should eliminate all United States military support for the war in Yemen.
5B. SCOTUS should rule narrowly in favor of Whitford in Gill v. Whitford that Wisconsin's redistricting violated the fourteenth amendment.
6A. The American Psychiatric Association should eliminate the goldwater rule.
Novice Octofinals. India should substantially increase investment in the Indian Space Research Organization.
Flight A = varsity. Flight B = novice.
1A. The USFG should ban artificial intelligence from use by the military.
1B. The USFG should substantially increase investment in artificial intelligence research.
2A. The USFG should mandate that farms implement stormwater runoff controls as a requirement to receive federal agriculture grants and/or loans.
2B. The USFG should allow recycled water to be used as potable water.
3A. Germany should significantly increase its military defense budget.
3B. Germany should grant Edward Snowden asylum.
4A. The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act does more harm than good.
4B. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act has done more harm than good.
5A. The USFG should create a federal Infrastructure Bank to provide funding for infrastructure projects.
5B. The USFG should develop a national network of high-speed and intercity passenger rail.
D1. California courts should substantially curtail its use of plea bargaining when trying criminal cases.
D2. California should end all contracts with private prisons.
D3. California prisons should increase the minimum wage for inmates to $5.25 per hour.
O-A1. The USFG should end the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia.
O-A2. The USFG should send ground troops to Syria to combat ISIS.
O-A3. The USFG should increase its military presence in the South China Sea.
O-B1. The USFG should substantially increase funding for development of wind energy.
O-B2. The USFG should ban the use of nuclear energy.
O-B3. The USFG should decrease agricultural subsidies for the production of ethanol.
Q-A1. The USFG should shorten the duration of medical patents from 20 years to 5 years.
Q-A2. California’s government should pass a ban on bad faith assertion of patent infringement.
Q-A3. The FDA should temporarily allow the importation of generic drugs from overseas sources.
Q-B1. The UN Security Council should issue an arms embargo on South Sudan.
Q-B2. The ICC should cease bringing charges against sitting heads of state.
Q-B3. The Russian Federation should withdraw support for Bashar Al-Assad.
S-A1. The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries should significantly reduce its oil production quotas.
S-A2. The European Union should adopt a binding policy to increase free movement for asylum seekers, refugees, and irregular immigrants into its member states.
S-A3. The United Nations should eliminate veto powers for the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
S-B1. The USFG should institute a Value Added Tax.
S-B2. The USFG should institute a Universal Basic Income.
S-B3. The USFG should eliminate the ability for states to have a lower minimum wage for workers also paid through tips.
F-A1. The USFG should prohibit the use of cyberattacks against foreign countries.
F-A2. The USFG should ratify and implement the International Principles on the Application of Human Rights to Communications Surveillance.
F-A3. The USFG should significantly increase funding to develop safety infrastructure for the use of Highly Autonomous Vehicles (HAVs).
F-B1. The USFG should admit Puerto Rico as its 51st state.
F-B2. The USFG should admit the District of Columbia as its 51st state.
F-B3. The USFG should end cabotage provisions of the Jones Act.
A: The United States federal government should significantly increase its military presence in the Baltic States.
B: The United States federal government should value its relationship with Israel over its nuclear deal with Iran.
A: Jeb Bush would be a preferential Republican candidate than Ted Cruz.
B: Bernie Sanders would be a preferential Democratic candidate than Hillary Clinton.
A: California should abolish the common core.
B: Standardized testing in schools does more harm than good.
A: The USFG should significantly increase regulations on sentient artificial intelligence.
B: The United States federal government should significantly invest in colonization of Mars.
A: The United States federal government should substantially increase its investment in algae biofuels.
B: The United States federal government should ban offshore drilling
1. The United States federal government should end the Cuban embargo.
2. The United States federal government should grant statehood to Puerto Rico.
3. The United States federal government should significantly increase its military presence in West Africa.
1. California should ban private prisons.
2. California should require police officers to wear body cameras while on duty.
3. California should legalize recreational use of marijuana.
1. The United States Supreme Court should overturn Citizens United v. Federal Elections Commission.
2. The United States Supreme Court should rule that voter identification requirements are unconstitutional.
3. The United States should eliminate the electoral college.
1. USFG should significantly decrease the percentage of food aid purchased domestically.
2. U.S. should boycott the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
3. USFG should decrease economic sanctions on Iran.
1. USFG should increase military presence in the Philippines.
2. USFG should resume funding to UNESCO.
3. USFG should send arms to the Syrian opposition.
1. USFG should significantly invest in civilian autonomous vehicles.
2. USFG should invest in the creation of new embryonic stem cell lines.
3. USFG should significantly increase funding to the FirstNet program.
1. USFG should significantly invest in deep-sea exploration
2. USFG should significantly increase funding to the Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
3. USFG should pass the Frontier in Innovation, Research, Science and Technology (FIRST) Act.
1. USFG should create a specific agency to regulate the internet.
2. USFG should significantly increase punishments for corporations that violate labor laws.
3. USFG should establish a significant tax credit for companies based in the U.S. that employ U.S. citizens.
1. U.S. Supreme court should overturn Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission.
2. USFG should pass Senator Baucas’ tax reform plan.
3. USFG should hold shareholders liable for illegal corporate action.
1. The European Union should provide temporary residency to Syrian refugees.
2. The UN should send Peacekeeping forces to Syria.
3. Mexico should substantially increase military action against drug cartels.
1. Britain should join the Eurozone.
2. NATO should significantly increase counter-piracy operations in the Mediterranean.
3. The European Union should accept Turkey as a member-nation.
1. USFG should significantly invest in urban agriculture.
2. USFG should significantly decrease subsidies for conventional farming.
3. USFG should substantially increase standards for organic food.
1. USFG should significantly increase organic farming subsidies.
2. USFG should ban the use of genetically modified organisms.
3. USFG should expand Contained Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO) regulations.
1. USFG should increase restrictions on non-point source runoff.
2. USFG should ban offshore fracking.
3. USFG should significantly increase clean energy subsidies.
1. USFG should implement a cap and trade program.
2. USFG should significantly increase pollution restrictions for coal fired power plants.
3. USFG should significantly increase funding to national parks.
1. USFG should end the war on drugs.
2. USFG should expand the Homeless Emergency and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act of 2009.
3. USFG should substantially expand hate crimes legislation.
1. USFG should significantly increase the use of rehabilitation in the criminal justice system.
2. USFG should cease the use of drones in all combat operations.
3. USFG should pass S. 1622: Alyce Spotted Bear and Walter Soboleff Commission on Native Children.
1.USFG should significantly invest in upgrading the national power grid.
2. USFG should implement a per-mile tax.
3. USFG should significantly increase funding for flood control and prevention measures.
1. USFG should implement “Pay Forward/Pay Back” laws for college tuition
2. USFG should create a program to encourage student entrepreneurship.
3.USFG should create national standards for teaching credentials.
Round 1: U.S. Foreign Policy
1. USFG should substantially decrease its aid to Israel.
2. USFG should significantly increase security on its Middle Eastern embassies.
3. USFG should leave no residual forces in Afghanistan when it withdraws.
1. USFG should end all sanctions against Iran.
2. USFG should send military aid to the Syrian opposition.
3. USFG should stop using drone strikes as a method of assassination.
Round 2: Value
1. When in conflict, U.S. citizens should value integrity over effectiveness in their politicians.
2. When in conflict, U.S. citizens should prefer economic growth over environmental protection.
3. When in conflict, U.S. citizens should value the UN Declaration of Human Rights above the Constitution.
1.When in conflict, U.S. citizens should prioritize national security interests over economic interests.
2. When in conflict, U.S. citizens should prefer transparency to secrecy in matters of international relations.
3. When in conflict, U.S. citizens should value human rights over life.
Round 3: Domestic Policy
1. USFG should replace the electoral college with a popular vote system.
2. USFG should provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
3. USFG should significantly increase investment in high speed rail.
1. USFG should implement national education standards.
2. USFG should significantly increase border enforcement.
3. USFG should slash agriculture subsidies.
Round 4: California
1. CA should levy a tax on beverages with sugar added during manufacture.
2. CA should significantly increase the number of professors at CSUs.
3. CA should implement a tax on plastic bags.
1. CA should increase the sin tax on alcohol.
2. CA should repeal the death penalty.
3. CA should repeal the proposition system.
Round 5: Economic Policy
1. USFG should extend all the Bush tax cuts.
2. USFG should significantly raise the capital gains tax.
3. The Federal Reserve should increase interest rates.
1. USFG should significantly reduce the corporate tax.
2. USFG should allow the military sequester to occur
3. The Federal Reserve should significantly increase the money supply.
1. SCOTUS should rule affirmative action unconstitutional.
2. SCOTUS should rule voter ID laws unconstitutional.
3. SCOTUS should rule against mass acquisition of electronic surveillance in the case of Clapper v. Amnesty International USA.
1. USFG should repeal Obamacare.
2. USFG should significantly increase its investment in NASA.
3. USFG should replace the Interstate Highway System.
1. Greece should leave the European Union.
2. Turkey should scrap its plans to create a safe zone for the Syrian rebels.
3. China’s new leaders should allow for municipal elections.
1. USFG should pass a carbon tax.
2. USFG should significantly increase its investment in biofuels.
3. USFG should ban fracking.
Finals: Science and Education.
1. USFG should significantly increase its investment in high energy physics.
2. USFG should significantly increase its investment in greywater technologies.
3. USFG should pursue asteroid mining.
1. THBT public money should no be used to finance art.
THW abolish public employee unions.
THW institute a 10% tax cut on income.
2. TH will not pay its outstanding debt to the UN.
Capitalism is better than socialism.
TH will replace the income tax with a 10% flat tax on income.
3. THS establish a two term limit in the House and the Senate.
THS establish English as official language in the US.
THBT three strikes law reduces crime.
4. TH will institute a 1% tax on gambling on the Internet.
TH will enact a mandatory retirement age of 65 for federal judges.
THBT US government should abolish the US Department of Energy.
5. TH will eliminate the Environmental Protection Agency.
TH will change the penalty for rape to life in prison without parole.
TH will return the US to the Gold Standard.
O. TH will allow drilling for oil in Alaska.
TH will abolish the death penalty.
TH will allow prayer in public schools.
Q. TH will allow health insurers to sell insurance in any state it wishes to.
TH will eliminate the federal minimum wage.
TH will eliminate all pain and suffering awards in tort cases.
S. TH will tax chewing gum to pay for gum litter cleanup.
TH will instill patriotism in American people.
THB the Federal Government shouldn’t fund contraceptives or birth control.
F. TH will try all terrorists in a military court.
TH will increase its aid to South Korea.
THB public safety employees should not be allowed to stike.
1. THBT change for change’s sake is often necessary.
1. The USFG should keep the troop levels in Iraq the same for the near future.
1. THBT we need a second bailout.
2. Chess is better than poker.
2. THB in Christmas.
2. The USFG should pass a policy that is favorable to veterans.
3. THBT war is not the answer.
3. THBT that the US was built on rock and roll
3. THS make education free.
4. THS increase the subsidy for higher education for students.
4. THBT we are an immigrant nation.
4. THBT the grass is greener on the other side.
5. Why are we so blind to see that what we do hurts you and me.
5. The USFG should provide free universal healthcare to everyone.
5. In this instance, economic sanctions are preferable.
6. The USFG should enact a more science and tech friendly policy
O (novice quarters). ?
Q (novice sems). In this instance, gender discrimination is necessary.
Q. The US Federal Government should enact term limits on Supreme Court justices.
Q. This House believes in internet “net neutrality.”
S (novice finals). This House believes that we have an obesity problem.
S. THW abolish it.
S. The US Federal Government should enact a more forward thinking.
F. ~ THBT marijuana laws are fair.