Want to give back?
The Point of Information Foundation is now looking for interested applicants for the following positions:
1) The President, who shall chair league meetings and board meetings (except where stated otherwise in these bylaws), create agendas for these meetings, oversee and coordinate the activities of the other officers, represent the League to tournament directors, school district and school administrations, and other people and organizations on behalf of member schools.
2) The Secretary, who shall take Board and league meeting minutes, organize officer elections, maintain an updated member roster, manage communication between the League and its members, update the bylaws and the legislative code once new proposals are passed, and conduct student opinion surveys about important matters in the parliamentary debate community.
3) The Treasurer, who shall manage League finances and report on them to the representatives. The Treasurer shall be the chief financial officer of the League.
4) The TOC Director, who shall organize the National Parliamentary Debate Tournament of Champions.
5) The Website Director, who shall oversee a website reporting on important news in the parliamentary debate community, collecting data for rankings used to determine the qualification to the National Parliamentary Debate Tournament of Champions, and overseeing the creation and compilation of free and publicly available educational resources for parliamentary debate students and coaches.
6) The Outreach Director, who shall work toward increasing the regional and socioeconomic diversity of the league, toward establishing and maintaining parliamentary debate school programs, tournaments, other events and toward encouraging existing parliamentary debate school programs, tournaments, and other events to get involved in the league.
How to apply?
Note the deadline: Wednesday, July 5 at 11:59PM.
Note eligibility, which, based on our bylaws (article 7, sec 5), is as follows:
Any natural person who is a high school graduate and is 18 years or older shall be eligible to be an officer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief statement— this can be as simply as "I, <name>, am interested in running to be a member of the Point of Information Foundation Board of Directors," and the name of the position(s) you're interested in declaring candidacy for.
This statement is a non-binding interest gauge.
Curious or uncertain? All elections-related questions or matters should be sent to the Election Inspectors, Basil Abushama and Mat Marr, at email@example.com, rather than firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.